November 18th, 2014
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12
I get about a million emails everyday from members-only online retailers, but the only one that I look at religiously is Joss & Main. I think they have the best deals (up to 70% off), awesome finds, and a wide variety of styles.
There are tons of products on sale each week, and I want to scour through them (since I do anyway), and share my favorites on my blog each week. Remember though, sales usually last a few days only, so you have to act fast if you see something you like.
Check out my Holiday Decor favorites. And check back often for an updated favorites list!
*This post contains affiliate links
October 29th, 2014
Welcome to the P&Co
. DSD2014 blog hop! You’ve arrived at Jen Allyson’s Blog – The Project Girl – and your letter is “I”
What is this letter for? Well if you visit all 20 blogs on this blog hop and collect all the letters, you’ll have the super secret coupon code to get this amazing digital scrapbooking kit
free! (Coupon code only valid through Sunday Nov. 2)
Here are all the links to the 20 blogs in the blog hop, and this is the official order that they go in (for your coupon code letters), collect a letter from each blog to create your coupon code then go here to get the kit:
Amanda Yi Designs
Digital Scrapbook Ingredients
Scotty Girl Design
Jen Allyson <—-YOU ARE HERE!! and my letter is “I”
Mommyish <—- Go Here Next!
Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs
Don’t forget to shop the amazing DSD sales at P&Co too:
- 35% off sitewide sale Wed Oct 29-Sun Nov 2.
- $25 order gets 40% off, $40 gets 45%, and $50 get 50%.
And here’s Candice Palmer with some great info about creating frameable art with your digi kits AND a FREE DOWNLOAD!
Hi all, Candice Palmer here. Can I tell you how much I love autumn? It’s pretty much my favorite season. The nip in the air, breaking out my cozy sweaters, the kids going back to school and the anticipation of the holidays are just a few of the reasons this time of the year appeals so much to me.
Today, I’m going to show you how simple using your mad digital scrapbooking skills can cuten up your home for the holidays. I don’t actually think cuten is a word, but let’s go with it. By using simple digital scrapbooking tools, you can create a darling, frugal piece of holiday art for your home & save that extra money for Christmas.
- All you need to do is find a simple digital paper or even just a solid background that you like.
- Now pull it up in your favorite editing program (I’m a fan of good old-fashioned Photoshop).
- Make your file the desired size with a 300 dpi resolution so it’s good & sharp.
- Last, add the paper, solid colors, fonts, dingbats, and quote that you desire-just as you would create a digital scrapbook page, and voila – you’ve got a project that’s ready to be printed at home or sent off to be photo printed.
- One more thing – keep it simple. Like Coco Chanel said “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.” If your word art is too busy, it’ll be distracting and lose it’s charm. So carry on, but limit yourself to emphasize your quote and a few simple embellishments – maybe even just your favorite one.
And don’t stop there! I’ve gotten a little crazy with my out-of-the-box digital scrapbooking and added word art decor to several places in my home.
CLICK HERE for a little Halloween printable to get you in a festive decorating mood. I created my file as an 8×10, but I added it to a white 8.5×11 page in Photoshop for home printing. Hope you enjoy it! Happy Halloween!
September 26th, 2014
At the beginning of the month, I posted about this Year of Change Challenge that I was asked to participate in this month by my lovely friend Amy. It was super fun to participate and really push myself to do something that I don’t normally do which is DIY art.
And of course I can’t help but do a DIY tutorial, so keep reading for an awesome how-to on this project. Read the rest of this entry »