This week as I was putting up more Christmas decorations, I wanted to make a super sweet vintage banner for this adorable advent house. Lately I’ve been so busy with work and projects that I just wanted something I could cut and glue and be done with pretty quickly.
Patterned Paper (from Michaels)
1. Cut banner flags out of a 12×12 sheet of paper. These are approximately 4″ wide by 6″ tall.
3. Cut glitter strip to size and use a Glue Runner to adhere the glitter strip to the flags.
4. Cut 20″ of 2″ wide crepe paper. Gently stretch it out, and then scrunch it up in rough pleats to give it a pleated look.
5. Use a circle punch (or scissors) to cut a 2″ circle
6. Use a hi-temp glue gun (makes it easy to reposition the crepe paper, but watch your fingers!) to place an ample amount of glue on the paper circle.
7. Place your pleated and crinkled crepe paper on the hot glue to create a fanned out circle.