The Project House – For Sale / Virtual Tour

February 22nd, 2013

After 2 great years of working on this great house, we’ve decided to put her up for sale and move on to the next project house. I will definitely miss living here and I’ll especially miss my lovely kitchen and laundry room.  In 2 years we were able to renovate the house in its entirety, renovate the shed, and get a little landscaping done too. Onto the house tour!

ETA – here is the listing: House Listing

4 Bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, large bonus room – 2380 Sq Ft and a pool. All of this on more than 1/3rd of an acre in lovely El Dorado Hills, California.  (I’ll link the listing soon)

(Pass this along if you know anyone who’s buying!)

37 Responses to “The Project House – For Sale / Virtual Tour”

1. suzi54241 says:

OMG what a fabulous job you’ve done, I’m not sure I could list it I’d want to be there forever. Kudos. And great luck on the next one.

2. Nancy Wyatt says:

It is absolutely gorgeous!! I can’t imagine leaving that home but I’m sure you guys will find something great to work on next! Hugs from Conroe, TX

3. Brandy J says:

Where’d you get the rug in your living room? It’s so pretty!

4. StephanieD. says:

That’s so lovely, what an amazing renovation! Best wishes on a great price and a quick sell!

5. Heather Guymon says:

I am in love! I would SOOOOO wanna buy this house if I was not broke as a joke and living in Utah ;)

6. Jessica Reurich says:

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!!! I would buy in a second!!!

rugsusa.com

8. Gennifer says:

I’m so glad you bought the turquoise KA. And the rest of the house looks pretty good, too. ;)

9. Julie B says:

Wow Jen – Your house is amazing. I love the open floor plan. It will sell quickly. If I could leave the lovely weather of Illinois, I’d buy it. :)

10. Christine says:

Swooning over how fabulous your house is! I can’t wait to follow along your next project!!

11. Your home is breathtaking! You have done an exquisite job with color and furnishings! Wish I didn’t live so far away! Best of luck on your sale!
    Holly

12. Marian says:

What is the property listed for?

13. Hayley says:

wow! i’ve loved watching you remodel that place, i absolutely LOVE your kitchen. i can’t believe you’re moving, i don’t think i could ever give that place up… but you guys are amazingly talented and i’m sure the next place will be even better – can’t wait for that.

i wish i could afford that/lived nearby! that’s my dream home!!!

14. Jenny says:

If I didn’t live in Nashville I would be all over this house. Amazing, I don’t know if I could give it up either.

15. Andrea says:

OMG Jen – this is absolutely breathtaking!! I can’t believe the before pictures and then this! I don’t think I could leave. You’ve done an AMAZING job!!

16. libbywilko says:

It looks gorgeous guys ! Hope you get what you are asking or more and find another great shell to make into a home. My aunt and uncle used to do this too, each house better than the one before.

17. alicia king says:

you did an amazing job on your home! i hope you got to sit down and enjoy it a bit! soo does this mean if you sell you’re moving to utah?! ;)

18. Ann says:

Wow, that house is gorgeous! Congrats on the sale. Can I ask what color the MBR is? And also, the dining area and up the stairs. Thanks!

19. Ann says:

Oh, and the room with the sewing machine … the color is gorgeous too! On second thought, could you just come and live with me and re-do my house?

20. Char says:

WOW I remember when you 1st ought this place….you have done an awesome job remolding!!!!!! I applade you as I built a house from the ground up with my husband and will never do it again lol!!

21. Stacy says:

Hi Jenn, I’m Lucy Nisbet sister. She told us about your home and we absolutely LOVED it. So wish it could have worked for us. You are both so very talented and made such smart choices. We were truly blown away!!! May I ask what paint colors you used? Best of luck with your next adventure!

22. KarenK says:

A frustration I have watching home improvement television is that they usually don’t leak out the fantastic paint colors used. (I understand the endorsement clause and all, but still…) For someone who has about 20 paint colors sitting in her garage, someone has to share for the sake of it all.
    What colors did you use? LOVE the subtle greens and grays snd the laundry room aqua. They all compliment each other so well and still are neutral enough.

23. Kathy says:

Very tastefully done! If I were in the market, I’d buy!

24. Jess says:

Hi!! I love the transformation!! Quick question….where did you get your kitchen table?

25. keisha says:

Stunning! I marvel at the fact that you remodeled it in two years… it took me that long to choose a paint color for my dining room! :-) It’s gorgeous.

26. WOW, I’m blown away by your pictures! I absolutely love your house and the bathroom is to die for!! You done such a great job on the decor :)

The grey throughout the house is Benjamin Moore Abalone. The aqua in the bathrooms and laundry room is Sherwin Williams Sea Salt. The master bath is Benjamin Moore Ashley Gray, and the Master bed is Brindle (Kelly Moore).

28. Brooke says:

beautiful house, definitely gives me good ideas on color schemes for my own house someday!

29. Soooo…I’m your newest follower and SO wish I lived near you so I could buy your house! It is amazing!!! I cannot wait to see what the next project house is like!

30. Hope says:

Beautiful! I was wondering what color you stained the floors? It is the exact color that I’m looking for.

the floors were pre-finished – the color was Rococo

32. Krista W says:

I would love to talk the hubby into buying a fixer-upper. This is the first time I’ve read your blog. Do you have a post on if you were able to make a profit on the house? Curious…

33. Heidi Smith says:

i love all your work!
    we are remodeling your kitchen and i am in love with your wood countertops that you did in your kitchen. would you mind telling me what type of wood that you used? as well as the way that you treated them? i am having the hardest time finding a company that will do them. they look absolutely gorgeous in your home!
    thanks for your time!

We used cherry wood and it’s a Slab, not a butcher block. The seal is a waterlox seal. Best of luck!

35. [...] love the idea of bringing warm wood into the space with a butcher block counter (here, here, and here). There’s so much wood in our home, it seems crazy to have a complete lack of [...]