Kitchen Insta-awesome

February 13th, 2013

We finished our DIY kitchen more than a year ago, but I really haven’t done a “final kitchen” post. So I snapped a few shots, ran them through Instagram for fun and here ya go! I really love this space, and I especially love seeing photos because then I remember how awesome it looks.

Click HERE for more pics of our kitchen and lots of process pics.

And if you don’t want to go through the trouble, looking at the BEFORE picture might intrigue you:

7 Responses to “Kitchen Insta-awesome”

1. Ashley says:

What an amazing transformation! Great new kitchen!

2. Shannon says:

Just beautiful!!!!! How do your butcher countertops hold up to daily wear and tear?

Ours are actually a slab cherry (large slabs of wood end-grain out) not a butcher block (small laminated pieces of wood end-grain up). They are coated with a natural sealant called Waterlox (which is what is used to water-proof boats). They have held up really really well. They have a few dings and some etchings on the surface, but nothing overly noticeable. But they can easily be perfect again with a quick sanding and re-coating of the finish. I really love them. I think though in our next house we’ll do butcher block that is uncoated and use it to actually cut and stuff bringing more character to the wood surface. With Butcher block you just need to keep it oiled and it will look really pretty – dings and all.

4. Christina says:

Your kitchen is amazing. Im currently renovating my kitchen and I have a one year old baby boy who is into everything. I noticed you had little locks on the cabinet under your sink….What a great idea! Where did you get the hardware for that? :)

That hardware was from Pottery barn, but they have similar latches at many cabinet hardware sites/shops. Google “cabinet hardware latch” and you’ll be good to go!

6. Lauren says:

I see you have a Sharp Microwave drawer. I am thinking about one for our new kitchen. Do you like it?

LOVE the sharp drawer. Love that it’s not on top of the counter or over the stove. And that everything is top-load instead of a big swinging door. Plus the “Sensor reheat” button in awesome.