January is one of my favourite months of the year. Yes it’s a long winter month and one where we really tighten our belts to compensate for the excesses of the Holiday period. Yet I love looking forward, to the New Year to come – to making plans and declaring goals.
This is one of the reasons I ADORE this site! Jen is just a planning genius, isn’t she? I share her love of list-making and this year I’ve given myself a head start by creating a hybrid year planner. I call mine ‘My Creative Life Book’, in the hopes that these plans and goals that I commit to pen and paper will inspire me throughout the year.
For my planner I’ve used Jen’s Weekly Planner 2012 digital kit, a few of her fab organising freebies as well as a few supplies (I like to keep my hybrid projects quick an easy and ultimately STRESS FREE!).
Here’s what I used:
- Jen’s Weekly Planner 2012 Kit, available at Design House Digital. These files are editable pdfs that you can alter to suit your own needs (as I’ve done).
- Free files available here at TPG Blog: Perpetual Birthday Calendar & 2 Week Schedule
- One sheet of Jen’s Stella & Rose Patterned Cardstock (for my cover).
- My Binding machine (I bought a super cheap one from my local stationery store).
- A piece of recylced card for my back cover.
- Paper for printing (I used that best quality I could find).
- Some lined paper to add for my journaling and random lists (you can never have too many lists!).
This is an easy-peasy project. Simply decide what forms will work for you, print them out and bind using the binding of your choice. Alternatively, simply use a ring binder!
And there you have it – a creative start to what is certain to be a creative year!
Happy New Year Hugs to you all!