What a difference a day makes – Kitchen reveal pt. 2

November 15th, 2011

Nearly 9 months ago we walked through our house for the first time. It looked and smelled pretty aweful, but I loved the spaces and I knew that with a lot of work and a little vision we could make it look beautiful and smell good too. I have tons of before pictures and will do a post with those soon, but for now, I’ll just share this gem:

This is looking from the family room into the kitchen. We new right away that the wall would have to go and the kitchen expanded into the eating nook, and now 9 months later we are *almost* done with the kitchen. I showed you pictures of it not yet painted yesterday, and today, after much sweat and a really really late night…

Tada! You can see in the right hand side of the image the wall near the end of the nook area. That stayed the same, so it gives you a point of reference of the expansion.

And here you can see how it interacts with the other half of the kitchen

Still waiting on the countertops and backsplash tile.

The cabinets will have glass doors, and the wood planks will be painted a smoky aqua. And once all that happens, the kitchen will be officially done! I can’t believe how long of a journey its been, but it was all worth it!

If you want to see the journey, you can view older posts:

Picking a Marble Slab

Kitchen update – install 2

Kitchen Reveal

Cherry Countertops

Kitchen Cabinets Painted 1

Kitchen update – install 1

Move-in Kitchen

Kitchen Plans2

Kitchen Plans 1

10 Responses to “What a difference a day makes – Kitchen reveal pt. 2”

1. Robin Schut says:

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!

2. Holy cow, what a difference! I can’t believe that is the same space. I’m on the edge of my seat for the final reveal!

3. Lori says:

It looks gorgeous Jen! Did you end up going with the wood-look tile? It looks a lot like what we have in our laundry room. I love how rich it looks with your white cabinets!!!

4. Sofia D. says:

It looks beyond fabulous. I am in awe of you and Mr. Fix it.

5. Gayle says:

AMAZING! So beautiful and such an improvement!

Lori – we just have the same hard wood floors throughout. We didn’t switch to tile in the kitchen.

7. Angela Stephens says:

Where did you get the stove hood?

my husband built it. The insert we got from amazon

9. Kristin says:

Just happened upon your site, and LOVE your kitchen. Can I ask a silly question? What is the width of the space from your microwave to the outside edge of your pennisula?

We are about to undergo a kitchen renovation, and I love the look of your setup on that wall, and I’m wondering if it will fit in our space.

10. Karen Healey says:

OK, I am officially obsessed with your style, your hubby’s ability to make anything- with the most amazing upscale look. I’m home with an injury today, and thank you God for sending me to this amazing family’s site. I’m happy for you and your family, and so thankful your husband let you post photos of his work. I’m in the process of making my own cabinets and just love your style and choices. OK, I’ve got to get back to drooling over your photos…..I would buy any book your spouse publishes about his craft!