The Holiday Planner – How will you use it? *Free Download

October 19th, 2011

I will use my Holiday Planner to keep myself organized this Holiday season. I have big plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thanksgiving dinner will be served at our house this year. So I will be including a shopping list and menu. I will also start collecting any recipes I think I might want to use. This way I can find it all in one place and have them available when I am shopping. How will you use your planner?

Here is a Free Downloadable Shopping List + Menu from Jen Allyson for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and general Holiday that you can put in your Holiday Planner.

Click on the images below to download the PDF files.

Before I can get too excited about the menu, here at the Lake house we are starting a new project…. We need a new wall oven. This means we get to pull out the old one, demo some sheet rock and cut a new hole. After 23 years, wall ovens have changed in size. Lucky for me, Jen posted the most wonderful Project Master List and Project Notes for free download.

And when that new oven is installed, here is a fall family favorite recipe my Grandma Norma always made for us kids.

Persimmon Drop Cookies
1 cup persimmon pulp
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup sugar
½ tsp. ground cloves
½ cup butter
½ tsp. nutmeg
1 egg beaten
1 cup nuts (we use a mix of walnut & pecan)
½ tsp. salt
1 cup raisins
Beat till creamy: pulp, soda, sugar & butter
Add: egg & beat well
Sift flour & spices
Add: flour, raisins & nuts to creamy mixture
Drop by spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet
Bake 375° 12-15 min. Makes 3-4 dozen
Click on the form images above to download a PDF version of my printable holiday menu forms. The downloadable PDFs in this article (and across my entire site) are free for personal use only. If you would like to blog about this free download, please accompany and images from my site with a credit and link back to this article. As a courtesy please do not link directly to a downloadable file but rather to this page. At this time, no customizations of this or any of my forms are available. Forms are a free download AS IS.

22 Responses to “The Holiday Planner – How will you use it? *Free Download”

1. Rachel says:

Melody, this is super cute and so helpful! There is a small typo on the Thanksgiving menu planner (it should be appetizers)

I fixed the typo. Thanks!

3. EM says:

Go Melody!! I love my crafty-cousin! Thanks for sharing your talent for planning, baking, and all things lovely!

4. Angie Hinksman says:

Oh Melody – I am so using this one!!!!

Cheers my dear :)
    xoxoxox

5. Jess says:

I would LOVE to use this Thanksgiving meal planner, but the PDF downloads wonky. It looks like things have been squished together and are overlapping. Any ideas on how to fix it?

6. Sofia D. says:

Thank you! I adore lists.

7. Jenny says:

My download is wonky too? Any ideas on how to fix.

8. NCPat says:

Hi Melody!
    Love this idea – thanks!!
    I really like the fabric you used – SO holiday’ish!! Can you tell where you got it, I like that it has ornaments and holly on it.
    Thanks,
    NCPat
    NcyPat@aol.com

9. [...] Free Holiday Menu Planner Printable ~ @ The Project Girl (time to start thinking about getting organized for the holidays!) [...]

10. Gina S says:

Like the others – my download is “wonky” as well…looks like several are squished together.

11. Melody Lake says:

If you click each page seperately it should be fine. I had my page setup on auto size & rotate and they printed correctly. You might want to check your printer and page setup….

12. Jayna says:

Do you have instructions for the cover? It’s so cute!

Jayna, The link that says “Holiday Planner” at the top links you to the instructions.

I think I may have fixed the issue. Try the downloads again. I believe the preview was having issues, but even if it looks off, it should print correctly if your printer settings have an “auto-size”

15. Jess says:

It is fixed. Thanks so much! I’m excited to use this!

16. Mary says:

Thank you for sharing a terrific resource!

17. [...] Another alternative is to make your own holiday planner: from The Project Girl [...]

18. [...] Thanksgiving Holiday Menu from The Project Girl [...]

19. [...] the expense of throwing a large dinner party out over a few months. These free downloadable holiday meal planning sheets from The Project Girl will help you plan your menu and all of the ingredients needed to prepare [...]

20. [...] Project Girl has some lovely printables for planning your holiday meals, complete with shopping [...]