All Trimmed up!

June 16th, 2011

Just a few quick photos of the trim and crown mouldings that have gone up. A special thanks to Natalie who inspired the trim style and gave me all the dimensions that she used in her gorgeous home (she’s also having a baby today, yay!).

For quick comparison… lets check out the before:

And now with trim:

kitchen trim and crown:

The upstairs feels way more finished and architectural with the crown.

Studio windows:

A new door trimmed out:

I can’t wait till the doors and trim are painted the same color.

My craft room before

and now:

Its starting to look so finished! I cannot wait for paint. I also cannot wait till we have enough money to replace the old aluminum windows with white vinyl windows. All in good time I suppose. 9 days till move in!!

7 responses to “All Trimmed up!”

1. Julie says:

Sweet! So exciting that you get to move in soon! I’m sure you’ll have the best housewarming party ever!

2. Alys says:

Jealous that you get a whole craft room. That will be nice for the Project Girl!

3. Miriam says:

I love watching someone ELSE remodel. 🙂 Our house was built in 1925, and I’ve been putting off the inevitable (tearing out decades of wallpaper that has been painted over-ick). This is so inspiring!

If you have the money, I HIGHLY recommend just putting new drywall in where you have wallpaper up the wazoo. This will save you time and money in the end. plus it makes any electrical changes etc much easier.

5. Lori says:

Looks great Jen! I love that style of door.

6. Bonnie says:

Oh this all looks fantastic…I bet you can’t wait when it’s done!! I’ve been trying to email you through your contact page but it’s not sending, I wanted to ask you something. 🙂 Hugs x

7. Miriam says:

Thanks! I hadn’t even thought of new drywall. Remodeling is not part of my “skill set”. 🙂