This last week has been like a whirlwind at the house – all in preparation for PAINTING! Once the painting is done, this place is going to look like a completely different house. Case and point… here is the kitchen before:
And once the paint gets on there, it’s going to be glorious! Isn’t the trim so pretty? I love how now the windows become such a singular focal point. Fabulous! On the far left-side of this photo you’ll also notice the sliding glass door has been replaced by a sparkly new one – super yay! (to see more kitchen photos see Kitchen Plans)
Okay in other updates, the master suite is 95% ready for paint. Here is the before (and me 9 months preggo):
Ahhh much better! and not 70’s looking at all. The master is not huge, but it is a good 50% or so larger than our current master, it’s going to feel so luxurious.
And inside those doors:
The bathroom – a 66″ vanity fits into this space with recessed medicine cabinets and wall-mounted faucets
The closet will eventually have shelves and bars – the usual. Eventually.
The half-bath finally has a working sink. Once its painted, the light fixture will be installed and this room will be FINISHED! Oh and I have to find a mirror too, minor detail. Anyone have any mirror suggestions?
It’s amazing how far everything has come, especially in such a short time. I’m so so so excited for paint, the house is really going to feel done once the paint goes on. After that its really just a matter of Mr Project installing the floors before we can move in 2 weeks. Everything else will have to get finished after we move in. And of course that list will be never-ending.
Here is our updated move-in list:
- scrape ceilings
- tear down some unnecessary walls
- remove ALL trim/casings
- add necessary walls (frame, drywall)
- put in recessed lighting, move outlets, fix non-working outlets
- re-texture ceilings and smooth drywall
- Install new windows in Kitchen
- Completely re-do half bath
- Completely re-do master bathroom!
- Completely re-do guest bath
- install all new underlayment
- replace ALL doors
- replace ALL trim/casings (this week!)
- Prime + PAINT! (this week!)
- put up new railing on stairs/overlook (next week!)
- install carpet (next week!)
- install all new hardwood flooring (next week!)