We’re having a baby!

August 20th, 2010

We found out that I was pregnant during our vacation in Jamaica. A few weeks later we were lucky enough to hear the heartbeat. I’m now in my 12th week and we got to hear the heartbeat again today so I guess it’s official! We’re having a baby! If that isn’t a good reason to buy a giant teddy bear, than I don’t know what is!

Exciting and not-so-exciting things about the pregnancy so far:

* I’ve been completely exhausted

* I’ve been on 3 trips since I found out I was pregnant. I just want to be home in bed!!

* It’s so much fun to read baby books and look at baby names

* I’m convinced it’s going to be a girl

* I can’t wait to start making tons of baby projects. Just have to find out the gender for sure!

* For the first time in my life I have no desire to eat sweets!

* My Due Date is March 9th

* “Morning” sickness is kicking my butt. Is midnight considered morning?

* I’m starving pretty much all the time, but can barely eat anything. Most if not all food sounds terrible, and when something does sound good I can only eat a few bites before I feel completely full.

* My favorite things to eat are veggie soup, mac and cheese with tuna fish, frozen toaster waffles, orange juice, and baked potatoes with chili beans on top.

* I have no idea what I’m supposed to buy/register for! What do these little creatures need??

We are so excitedly anticipating our new arrival. I just hope I don’t go into labor on my birthday. I would like to not spend my special day going through massive amounts of pain!

25 responses to “We’re having a baby!”

1. Trisha says:

Congrats!!!!!! That is FABULOUS news:)
    Enjoy every minute (well as best as you can anyways… there is nothing enjoyable about morning sickness) and remember: Epidurals are your friend;) You wouldn’t have a tooth pulled without freezing… why would you have a baby without it?! LOL! Just kidding…brave it if you want but I have NO problem admitting I was a wimp and I am proud of it! You will have a beautiful baby at the end of it regardless! Can’t wait to see all your projects:)

2. Lorell says:

Congrats, Jen! I know you’ve been wanting to be a mommy for awhile now. How wonderful…:) I can’t wait to see the pages you’ll eventually do of your little bundle of joy.

3. YAY!!!! How exciting Jen!!! You are going to be a wonderful mother!

4. Christine says:

Congratulations!! I only just found your site today. I wish you the best of luck and a happy pregnancy!

5. Veronica says:

Congratulations! How exciting!

6. Melissa says:

Oficial Congratulations are in order. I do hope you start feeling better soon though, it’s not a fun time. But as soon as you feel up to it we have to go shopping together, especially if you are having a baby girl (I think you are too by the way) I even have a project in mind already and its very, very pink. But don’t try to get information out of me yet, it’s a surprise! Can’t wait to see what you’ll post on your site next.

7. Maija says:

Fist of all congratulations! Just had to say hi, since you are now where I was last August 🙂 I was due March 2nd this year and was going the exact same things back in Aug 09, though in my case it was “all day sickness”… Enjoy your pregnancy to the fullest! Can’t wait to see what baby projects you come up with!

8. Joscie says:

congratulations!! I hope the morning sickness and exhaustion will pass soon!

9. Jeryn says:

Congrats Jen!! When I was prego with my daughter I was also convinced it was a girl and then found out it was. Same with my son. Sometimes I think if you believe hard enough you will actually get what you hoped for. LOL.

Can’t wait to see what projects you come up with!

10. jen says:

congrats!! enjoy every minute!!
    we love march 29th 🙂 our daughter’s bday!!

11. missy says:

Yay for March due date … March peeps are the best!

12. Sarah says:

Congratulations! 🙂 Don’t worry…those sweets will be back on your menu before this is all over in March. Also, who knows what these little creatures actually need. I have a nine month old and still don’t know which things we have she NEEDS and which things we were convinced she needed. 🙂

Enjoy the ride!!!

13. Heather Guymon says:

Girl it’s called an EPIDURAL! LOL! That would be the best birthday gift ever hahaha!! No seriously though, with Connor, the epidural relaxed me so much that I didn’t even realize he was crowning, so he basically fell out of me and I didn’t even have to push! The doc barely made it into the room by that point, so it was pretty nuts.

You will be surprised at how much crap you DONT need once you have a baby. I had everything with Hannah; slings, the whole carseat/stroller combo set (that didn’t fit in the trunk of the car), special this and special that…pffft I had none of that with Connor and it was almost BETTER. Strollers aren’t even a necessity until they get so heavy you can’t lug them around anymore, or you know you will be out and about on your feet a LOT…then I suggest getting one of the Graco snap-n-go strollers because they are super light weight and the infant carrier just snaps into it (get a Graco brand carrier). Other than that…I got no advice on what to get because I’ve learned that less is more for sure and this third and final baby will probably just have a carseat and that’s it! HAHA!

14. Congratulations! I hope your morning (All-Day) sickness passes quickly…that is tough but I have heard that morning sickness is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy.

Can’t wait to see the projects you come up with!

15. LinaH says:

Congratulations! What wonderful news! Looking forward to sharing your joy via your blog.

16. Zoe Pearn says:

Yippee!! Congrats Jen – that’s wonderful news! I’m so happy for you guys!! ((HUGS))

BTW – with both of my pregnancies, I found that I was soooo sick up until the beginning of the second trimester, apparently the placenta starts working on it’s own then or something… so hopefully you’ll start to feel a bit better soon! I know with this one, I thought it was never going to end, but then all of a sudden it was gone 😉

Enjoy being pregnant – it’s a wonderful time!

17. lou says:

exciting news! yay. congratulations to you both. how is spencer feeling about it? it must be great to feel a little human grow. enjoy the time and all the best!

18. Laura Davey says:

Congratulations! When I was pregnant I craved fresh orange juice like crazy then read somewhere that it meant I was having a girl. So maybe you really are having a little girl! Wouldn’t that be fun! About registering, a newborn doesn’t need a ton, don’t bother getting 10 different swings, bouncy chairs, tummy mats, rockers…etc, give them a place to sleep, clothes and a million diapers and you’re good for like 4 months. And check out a brand called boon, Spencer will appreciate the designs.

19. Christy Lyle says:

Yay! I’m super thrilled for you, Jen!! Congratulations!!

20. Winnie says:

Oh congrats! I am so excited for you both! I loved your list of things that taste good right now…really, mac and tuna….ewww. Love the teddy bear and can’t wait to see your design juices flow with great baby designs. If you need a traveling Nanny, just holler….have diapers will travel!

Take care
    Winnie

21. Emma O. says:

Congratulations on this wonderful news!!

22. Big congratulations! How wonderful for you and your hubby!
    Just a friendly note- have you tried juicing with vegetables each day? It is incredibly healthy for you and baby right now and will provide maximum nutrition and… most likely relieve the morning sickness if you eat more raw veggies on top of the juicing. This will all make your system more alkaline and you will feel more energetic and happy during this wonderful time. All the best to you.

23. Missy says:

Congrats!!

And I don’t want to be “that mom” but don’t eat any more tuna fish – it is a no no when you are pregnant. Pretty much all fish but definitely tuna. The mercury levels are too high.

24. Melissa says:

Hi! I am a new reader. Found your blog on another person’s blog but I can’t remember which one. I think it was courageoushomekeeping.com
    Anyway, I love your website and I am looking forward to getting the Day planner in the mail!
    Anyway, I just read this blog and was excited to see that you are going to have a baby! I am due on March 8th so we are going to have babies right around the same time! congrats and enjoy being pregnant for these day 3 months. I hope you have had an easy pregnancy! this will be my second and like our first we are planning a home birth.
    Thanks for the great sight and free downloads!