10 Great gifts for the crafter in your life. Made to fit any budget, from $0-$9,000! These are some great items that I think any crafter would love!
1. Cricut Expression $280. Cut paper, vinyl, adhesive magnet paper, and more. This is such an awesome cutting machine that it was top on my list this year! If you already have a cricut, consider getting the SCAL software to be able to cut all your TT fonts and .SVG Files.
2. Embroidery Machine – Viking Designer Diamond MSRP $9000. This is the Cadillac of embroidery machines, I doubt I’ll ever own it, but I would love to! It has a “Majestic Hoop” that measures 14.25″x13.75″ amazing! For a more reasonable budget, consider the Brother Project Runway Embroidery & Sewing Machine $499. This is a great all-purpose machine that is very reliable and versatile and has tons of built-in stitches & embroider designs. The embroidery area is 4″x4″
3. Craft Room $0-$lots! – If you think you don’t have space, consider cleaning out a storage space or closet and making a dedicated craft nook. Either way the crafter in your life will appreciate any effort given to procure a craft space. Help by offering to paint and find furniture to refresh & repurpose!
5. A journal or sketchbook. I recommend the Log your Memory 2010 ($20- digital copy, $35 coilbound copy) journal that is built specifically for scrapbookers and non-scrapers to keep all your memories safe until you’re ready to share them. For a non-scrapper try a cute fabric-covered Journal $18, or a simple Sketchbook $9.
6. Adobe Photoshop Elements $64.99 – Everything is going digital! If you have a digital camera, editing photos and learning the basics of digital scrapbooking is a must! This software will give your crafter the tools they need!
7. Wacom Tablet – Bamboo Craft $109.99. If your crafter is already interested in digital photo editing and enhancements, The next best thing after photoshop elements is a wacom tablet! This new tablet – the bamboo craft is made specifically for photo editing and digital scrapbooking. It has some really fun and amazing new features.
8. SLR Camera Nikon D5000 $651.89 or 50MM 1.8 Lens $125 . If you’ve heard hints about SLR cameras, the Nikon D5000 is the way to go. With lots of features and room to grow, this is a great digital SLR to start with for a growing photographer. If your crafter is already established with an SLR, I highly recommend a 50MM 1.8 Lens (automatic). It takes beautiful shots and is sure to thrill when unwrapped.
9. Knitting class or local crafting class. Knitting is becoming popular, look for small knitting shops like Black Sheep Wool in SLC that offer all sorts of classes or check your Michael’s for a wilton cake decorating class. Your local community center might know of some fun classes available as well. $20-50 + Supplies.
10. Craft Magazine Subscription, the affordable gift that keeps giving all year long! Here are a few of my favorites: Creating Keepsakes $24/1 year, Martha Stewart Living $28/1 year, Real Simple $5/1 year!, Country Living $10/year.
Leave a comment with the item you’ve been drooling over, I can’t wait to hear what you all are wanting this year!