Food Journal – Free Download

June 26th, 2009

theprojectgirl.com-foodjournalThis week my friend Kristy & I started a “boot camp” of sorts. Kristy was planning on starting a food journal and so I thought I would join in. I have read that keeping a food journal can really help with weightloss. So I put together this cute template. Its a 1 week journal with spots for 3 meals and 3 snacks — also known as 6 small meals a day. It also has a spot for counting water. I like it because its just simple and straightforward. Also with a whole week view, there is a bit of accountability for what you’ve eaten over the course of a week! Happy food journaling!

Download my food journal and enjoy (for personal use only ). Please tell your friends to come visit the site and download their own journal. I would love a comment if you do download!

213 Responses to “Food Journal – Free Download”

1. Buttercup says:

This is a very cute template for food tracking. I use a small moleskin notebook to track my food – as I am currently on a medically supervised weight loss program it was a necessity to come up with something portable for me. I may end up using your template once I am eating out of the box foods again (if anyone has ever done the HMR program you know what I mean). Thanks for sharing this:)

I will be linking to this on my next entry on my blog;o)

2. Lindsay says:

Thanks for such a cute way to keep a food journal. It makes something you should do, but don’t really want to do much more pleasant!

3. Thank you for sharing this. This is exactly what I have been looking for to help my Mom keep track of her low cholesterol diet efforts.
    I am going to print some and put them in a binder for her along with the diet sheets from her dietician.

I made one but yours are much, much nicer!
    I have lost over 80lbs myself and keeping a food journal is one of the things I did religiously.
    Thanks again!

4. Melisa says:

I love this food journal so much that I’m passing it on to my friends, family, and sales consultants who are resolving to lose weight in 2010!!!!

Thank you for making this!!! =)

5. Jessica says:

Thank you so much for this great journal! I have been looking on the internet all night and this is the best one yet!

6. [...] Want a reality check? Go here, download and print out the food journal, and take a look at what you’re REALLY eating… [...]

7. [...] been using this food journal that Casey recommended.  You really don’t realize what you’re putting in [...]

8. Louise Cooper says:

Thanks Project Girl, exactly what I needed, simple but effective. I’ve printed it out and started straight away! Especially love the glass of water counter down the bottom.

9. Jessica says:

This is perfect, thanks!!!!!!!!!!

10. Alta Cotman says:

i always monitor my calorie intake from my diet because i have a very slow metabolism and i dont want to get overweight.:.-

11. [...] other method?       I switch back and forth between online and paper.  I found this cute printable food journal a while back, and I have been using it this week.   Most of the time writing it out helps me get [...]

12. Stacey says:

First the daily planner, then chores, now food…I may get organized yet! Thank you!!

13. JULIA says:

nice one! will definitely link to my blog…thankx ya..

14. Thank you so much for this!! I have needed something like this for a while-it will be very helpful!!

15. Kate says:

I’ve been a lurker for a while, but I just posted about the food journal on my blog, fully credited to you of course, so thought I should comment too. I LOVE this. Finding something functional and pretty is usually so hard. I love all your downloads Jen, they make me want to be more organised, and I don’t need to hide my planners away like I used to cause they weren’t nice to look at, which meant I never used them!

16. Kim says:

Thank you for doing this. I have to now do a food journal and to buy one is expensive. They are full of things I don’t need. This template is perfect. Thank you.

17. Mesha says:

Love, love, love it! I looked and looked for a weekly, simply laid out journal and found it on your site. Thanks for your efforts. This makes it much easier!

18. Paula says:

I really like the journal page. you can see the whole week at a glance, nice!!

19. [...] That way I don’t have to use extra brain power each day to figure it out.  I found this cute food journal page to print and plan [...]

20. Erin says:

GREAT concept! I am going to start using it tomorrow. All other food journals I have researched are much lengthier and use up quite a bit of paper. The short and sweet setup is crucial in order for me to stick with it. Thank you! :)

21. Bonita says:

Love this! Like having the water tracker too!

22. Thanks for this! now I can start my diet properly.

23. [...] need every bit of it, plus any other help I can get! I found this free and easy to download food journal at The Project Girl. Besides the weekly format, I also like that it includes snack and water [...]

24. Felicia says:

Just what I was looking for. Thank you.

25. Veronica says:

Hey! its a cute way to have everything organized but at times i forget ): any other alternative?? and any tips on rapid loss weight? ive been triying to loose my belly fat after my son and its hard…

26. jennifer says:

thank you so much for this template it is exactly what i have been searching for!

27. Claudette Lindquist says:

Thanks for making this! Love your work!

28. Kylene says:

Just what I was looking for…Thanks~!

29. Meryl says:

Love it. Will use it to track my sons food intolerances. Just wish there was a second version that didn’t have calorie on it.
    Thank you!

30. Frank says:

This template is perfect.
    Thanks for making this!

31. Donna says:

Love this food journal! It will be so helpful!

32. Happy says:

I love this journal! I have an app on my kindle fire called “Lose It” but I cant bring it to my work so I put it on this journal and record it in my log later!! A great help to me!

33. Richard Madden says:

Thanks for designing and making this available. It will help me to keep tracking and recording my calorie intake.

34. Beth says:

What a great template! I am going to use this for an 8 week challenge I am doing! I am excited!

35. [...] (Feel free to download and print – and to share!) Another free food diary can be found by clicking here. For another variety of free, downloadable food diaries (including specific diaries that help track [...]

36. mandy says:

came from pinterest! thanks!!!

37. Jess says:

Finally! something simple that doesn’t require me to make sure i’m losing weight just that i’m staying healthy! Very cute and something I’ll be using all the time!! Love that it tracks water too!!! Thank you!

38. Tammy says:

This is exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks so much!

39. Shanna says:

Thank you so much for this! I plan my meals all the time, but I have just switched to eating mini meals. This will be a huge help!

40. Katrin says:

That is awesome ! Thank you so much for sharing!

41. Kristin says:

I found you through Domestic Sweetheart and shared on my facebook fan page. This is great for my girls who are doing my 90 day challenge! Thank you so much for this great tool!

42. Brynda says:

I absolutely love your template, it’s cute & functional! It’ll be very useful :)

43. Brynda says:

oooh & TQ so so very much!! :D

thanks for sharing!

45. Tonya says:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful food journal! I have a very serious illness that requires me to keep track of all I eat. I searched the web and this one I loved best. Thanks so much for the freebie!!

46. Kristina says:

Thank you, Jen, for taking the time to make a template for free! I have one week filled out thus far. It was great to become more aware of how often I would unconsciously pop something into my mouth. It was also helpful to look back on what I had eaten/done to promote a deep restful sleep one night. I just wish there was more room to fill in the type/amount of exercise done and how I felt that day (usually a product of the previous day’s intake and activity). But that’s asking a lot from an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper!

47. Mia says:

Wow thanks so much for this. My mom and I are starting our separate diet programs together and we’ve put together a diet binder to help us keep track and log our weights. I will definitely be adding a few of these to our logs. Thank you for creating such a simple template.