The Ultimate Travel Checklist!

March 9th, 2009

My blog will be a bit stagnant for the next two weeks, because I am going to Paris on Friday!

paris
 I’m so excited to get some great inspiration, see the sites, eat some good grub, and spend time with good friends.

I’m sure i’ll think of a million more projects to add to my to-do list. If only I could stop time and steal a few extra hours everyday to do them!

I have been wanting to make a travel checklist for a long long time. Instead of taking the time though, I usually end up with some sort of notebook with lots or very messy and illegible notes. But since I can share my checklist here, I figured this was a good trip to start being organized!

So I took a little time this morning and put together this sweet ultimate travel checklist:

theprojectgirlcom-travelIsn’t it so cute? I organized items into 4 basic lists: essentials, outfits, utilities, carry-on. There are also spaces for you to customize for your trip.

My favorite part is on the bottom – the 1 week schedule. Basically a 7-day countdown where you can put your daily errands leading up to your trip. I put a few basic ones in there, but i’m sure yours will fill up fast!

So enjoy your travels. I can’t wait to go to Paris!

Download my travel checklist and enjoy (for personal use only ). Please tell your friends to come visit the site and download their own checklist. I would love a comment if you do download!

Each of these files are a 8.5″x11″ PDF. Use Acrobat Reader to open the file and print as many as you like! Happy traveling!

If you are another blog or website and would like to link this project to your site, please contact me. Thanks!

xoxo Jen Allyson

63 Responses to “The Ultimate Travel Checklist!”

1. Steph says:

How cool looking!

As a seasoned traveler, I know how much stress is relieved by using pack lists. I am sure many novice travelers will benefit greatly from using your list to prepare for their trips.

You’re a doll to share it!

Have fun in Paris!
    Steph

2. amy says:

Great list, thanks for sharing! Have a fabulous trip. :)

3. Shannon says:

Cool! If I might make a suggestion… this may not be a problem for you, but for me I have to give myself a written reminder to charge the batteries for the camera, cell phone, laptop, etc. or I don’t get any cool “Here’s me landing at the airport” shots, etc.

4. kelsey says:

LOVE this checklist! Downloaded! Thank you very much!

5. Rachel says:

Wow, this is great! I’ll be linking, thanks so much for sharing!

6. Tonja says:

What a great idea…will be using
    it the summer when we go on vacation…thanks for sharing…

7. Stu says:

Thanks! I love to travel, and this is great. I have been to Paris, its my fave city in the world. Enjoy :)

8. Jenny says:

Thanks so much!

9. Kathy says:

How timely Jen! I’m going to Paris myself this summer! Thanks so much for this!

10. Nicoleigh says:

What a great idea. I am going on a trip for work in a couple of weeks. It will take a little thinking, since the weather will be much warmer than it is now.
    Thanks for sharing the checklist.

11. Bianca says:

I just hopped on over here from Crystal’s blog and what do I find? The very thing that is going to save me!! We are getting ready for a trip to Europe and this is PERFECT! I cannot thank you enough…seriously! We will be in paris for three days and I could really use some ideas of great places to stay/visit/eat. Please fill me in on some details when you return!! :D

12. rosa says:

Great website! I love the forms!
    The brown background makes it impossible to read though…

13. geek+nerd says:

Thanks for the cool and useful download!

14. janine says:

I’m planning on flying to GA in the fall. this will be such a help! thanks!

15. Jessica says:

Great list! Perfect! It makes me want to travel so bad!

16. Love this travel list. I also have been meaning to do one for years and just have messy notes in my journal. I am heading to Paris in Sept. Have any suggestions for great outdoor cafes, special side streets etc? This is a really terrific blog.

17. I LOVE your site! The downloads are fantastic. They are very inspiring. I love how you say about your chore chart that having them written up all cute & in the matching green folder actually makes you want to do them, since it’s TRUE! I am the same way. Found you via SITS and I am bookmarking your site now.

18. Pinkles says:

thanks for the checklist, its really helpfull!

19. mandie says:

I printed this out for my upcoming long weekend trip over Labor Day weekend. Thanks so much! Hope your trip goes great!

20. Have fun in Paris!! so jealous, I want to take Mike back there someday.

Thanks for the checklist! This will come in very handy & perfectly timed for I am already beginning to need to jot down lists of things I need to remember to take back to my family when we go visit in a couple of weeks.

21. Leslie Harms says:

I love this download…I just wish I had found it a bit earlier. One small request though – you spelled deodorant wrong. I hate to be “that” person, but I know if it was me, I would want someone to tell me…Thanks again!

22. admin says:

I know! i just saw that a few weeks ago when I was getting ready for a trip!

23. Melissa says:

Jen, I just love this! Thank you so much for sharing it. I put a link on my facebook page because I am so impressed with it. The only thing I would change is you spelled underwear wrong, and I would add a tote bag with long handles to the misc. carry-on section. My packlist on my computer is similarly exhaustive, but the way you visually set it up and have all the categories is far superior because it’s easier to read and look at. Thanks for putting the time into it. It’s just wonderful and your site is really cool.

24. candice says:

another download that is going to come in handy!
    i’m flying back home to cape town in march with my son (he’s four today) and am already making notes!
    thanks so much!
    candice
    x

25. Cindy says:

Hi Jen!
    Thank you so much for sharing! I’m taking my dad to Paris in May! Woohoo! Do you have any restaurant or food suggestions?
    Thanks again!
    Cindy

26. Kendall says:

I found this list a while ago and I use it every time I pack be it for a work trip or a vacation! I just printed it out again !

Thanks project girl :)

27. Autumn says:

Thank you soo much for the great travel checklist- It’s really great! I just downloaded to help me start the packing process for our trip out east in 2 days!

Thanks again!
    Autumn :)

28. Hayah Khan says:

Hey!
    Thank you so much for the check list. I’m leaving for Bangkok in three days- a spur of the moment plan. Ahh, so much to do, so many things to pack. Major confusion! The list really helped.
    Thanks again!! :D
    Haya.

29. Lena says:

Brilliant list, using it for the second time this year!

30. Sophie says:

Thank you for this! Saved me a lot of time thinking of essentials to bring myself =)

31. tajicat says:

Thanks so much! :)

32. Susan says:

Thank you sooo much for the checklist! It is wonderful!

33. [...] lists, life lists, and, of course, pack lists! A few years ago I stumbled across this handy little travel checklist over at The Project Girl. Every time I’m going on a trip be it for a fourteen-day European [...]

34. Ashley says:

thanks sooo much!! helps me keep track of everything!

35. Great job with these posts. They are really informative.

36. Jackie says:

Thanks! So useful!

37. [...] It’s already Thursday and I haven’t done a single thing to prepare for our vacation on Saturday. Packing for a week at the beach may seem like a no-brainer, but with a full-time job, two dogs, my 80-hour-work-week husband, and cleaning/cooking/grocery shopping, I literally don’t have a spare braincell to think about what to bring on vacation. Luckily, I stumbled upon this great (and pretty) travel checklist on The Project Girl. [...]

38. Mya says:

This is beyond useful! thank you so much!!

39. [...] found this really GREAT travel check list [simple and thorough] from the project girl. check it out here. [photo collage by sourcat on Polyvore; photo of blake lively from people.com] [...]

40. regi says:

thank you—-this is perfect!

41. [...] ultimate travel checklist | holiday house guest [...]

42. Rose says:

Hi, I tried downloading the list, but it won’t show up- it freezes. Is there any way you can refresh the link?
    I’d really appreciate it.
    Thanks

43. [...] from train to build your list of detained travelers who are aged or are missed a connecting flight and hotel reservations please their [...]

44. tabby says:

*Rose, make sure you are clicking on the yellow words that say “Download my Travel Checklist”, not the picture of it. The picture is just a .gif file and won’t be useful.

45. tabby says:

*Jen, if you would link the PDF to the Gif, that would help; there is a way of doing that but I don’t know how. LOL

46. Any says:

Thank you! This is such a great idea!

47. Gwendelen says:

OMG, I’ve been looking for something like this for so long! I’m a 14 year old girl and I’m travelling. I’m mad at Google Search for not showing this to me first. <3

48. Alexandra says:

this is the most perfect checklist I have ever come across. I LOVE that you put in a section to describe outfits. PERFECT. Thank you :)

49. sally says:

great idea love it…I am not traveling out of the country just from one state to another. I always write out what I have to take and this is great…now i can read and check off as i get things ready thanks thanks thanks

50. Anna says:

Lovely!!

What is the software you are using to create such a beautiful list?